Sacrament of Baptism
“ Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everithing I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Amén.” Mt 28:19-2
Baptisms for Children Under 7 Years of Age
(Older children should enroll in religious education)
Complete the Baptismal Questionnarie.
Certificate of participation in the pre-baptismal course on-line for parents and godparents online
A fix rate of USD $ 100 most be paid to reserve the date of the Baptism.
Requeriments for Godparents
Being elected as a godparent is a special honor. You, have been entrusted with the responsibility of participating in the Christian life and education of this child.
This privilege offers them the opportunity to develop a mutually enriching spiritual relationship that woll endure throughout this life and beyond.
It is a very old custom of the Church that a Godparent is present at the celebration of the sacrament of baptism. The functions of the Godfather are: Together with the celebrant who baptizes, represent the Church in the reception of the person in the communion of the Church, and Help the person in Christian initiation.
- Have received the 3 sacraments: Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.
- Letter from the parish to which they belong certifying that the person qualifies to act as Godparent.
- If they are married, the marriage must be a Catholic marriage.
Note: Non-Catholic Christians can serve as witnesses but not Godparents.
- Baptisms are communal and are celebrated on Sundays at 1:00 pm, immediately after Mass.
- The date of the Baptism will only be confirmed once all the documents specified above obtained at least one month before the ceremony.
“ Holy Baptism is the basis of the entire Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door that gives access to the other sacraments. Through baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as children of God; We become members of Christ, we join the Church and we participate in its mission: "sacraments is the Sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1213